Tesi / Analyst Trainee / Helsinki
Type: Fixed-term, 4-5 months
Work hours: Full-time
Application deadline: 29.8.2021
Tesi is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of renewing economic growth by investing in venture capital and private equity funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, together with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 1.6 billion euros and we have an underlying portfolio of 700 companies.
Ambition for ownership and success www.tesi.fi
Tesi is now looking for an analytical Trainee to join their development team! The traineeship will start either in September or October 2021 depending on your situation and it is a full-time, fixed term position (4-5 months).
The development team of five works on Tesi’s company strategy, key development projects as well as information infrastructure, data and analytics. As a trainee, you will be supporting the development team in strategic planning, executing Tesi’s SME COVID-19 market survey and designing and conducting PE/VC advanced analytics for the needs of investment teams. In your role you will have the possibility to take responsibility for larger topics e.g. develop SME survey further and conduct additional analytics based on survey and market data. More precisely, you will get to plan the questionnaire, analyze and visualize data and gather all the findings and create an appealing presentation. In addition, you can also take part in the creation of Tesi’s strategic action plans for 2022, developing private equity and venture capital analytics with BI-tools as well as preparing different kinds of workshop materials. You can familiarize yourself with Tesi’s market reports here: https://www.tesi.fi/en/news/
Spirit & Guts:
With us, you will operate responsibly while aiming for a beneficial social impact, profitable investments, and the success of our portfolio companies and funds. We believe that responsibility is a competitive advantage for companies and a requirement for long-term success. We apply corporate responsibility at two levels: as choices made daily in our day-to-day work, and also as continuous, long-term development work. As an employer, Tesi believes in equal opportunity and that diversity empowers our people and our business.
Read more about our trainee programme: https://www.tesi.fi/en/
– Relevant university studies (3rd – 5th year) for example in business, analytics, technology, or similar fields
– Some relevant work experience (e.g. from summer job) that has included analytics
– Motivation to work with data and ability to turn data analysis into meaningful outcomes for the target audience
– Independent and accurate working style
– Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge on BI-tools are seen as an advantage
– Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English
We offer you:
– Possibility to work across the organization with different investment teams and excellent opportunity to understand private equity market dynamics first hand
– Challenging and versatile projects from day one – You get to work with proprietary data that contains unique information about Finnish companies and analyze the development
– Opportunity to deepen your analysis skills and work with large data sets. You get to do modern analysis and visualizations with Tableau
– Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
– Our trainee alumni have gone to build ambitious careers in a diverse set of positions including start-ups, private equity funds, and management consulting companies
– Supportive and professional colleagues who boost your development and who are curious to hear your ideas
Got excited? Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records at the latest 29th of August here: https://emp.jobylon.com/
For more information about the Trainee position, please contact Tesi’s Senior Business Analyst Sanni Virtanen (+358 50 5531 312) on Thursday 19.8. at 9-10:30.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Roosa Lönnqvist (+358 50 421 0255, roosa.lonnqvist(at)atalent.fi) at the following times: Monday 23.8. at 12-13 or Thursday 26.8. at 13-14.
Timetable for this recruitment process:
– Monday 16.8.: Application period starts
– Sunday 29.8.: Application period ends
– Week 35: Personal Google Meet -interviews with aTalent
– Week 36: Personal interviews with Tesi
– Week 37: Decisions and employment contract
– September-October 2021: Start date