Are you interested in a unique opportunity to start your career within Strategy and Transactions? Then you should join our successful Nordic Transactions team at EY in Helsinki. Our Transactions Analysts have a broad expertise across many different industries and clients and our business is rapidly growing. We are now looking for both experienced finance and accounting professionals as well as ambitious graduates (or soon-to-be graduates) to join our team.
As a Senior Analyst or Analyst within the Transaction Diligence team, you’ll work in an international environment and participate in the financial appraisal and due diligence of transactions involving clients who are the leading Nordic international corporates and private equity houses. You will also liaise closely with major investment banks, strategy houses and law firms as part of a wider team of advisors to create value for our clients. At the core of the role is your interest and ability to analyze the financial and operational results of target companies. This is achieved by e.g. reviewing financial statements and accounting records as well as participating in interactions with target management in order to provide input for our client’s decision making and valuation case in a given transaction.
You’ll work effectively as a team member, demonstrating your commitment to high quality analysis, sharing responsibilities, providing support, maintaining communications and updating senior team members on progress. You will, at an early stage, have the opportunity to interact with international as well as local clients and other advisors, which requires that you are comfortable taking responsibility and initiative.
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Suitable background in accounting and finance through studies and/or working life
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Genuine interest in the transactions space as well as accounting and finance
- Analytical mindset and social intelligence in order to work in a multicultural and fast paced environment
- Innovative working methods, ambition for challenges and ability to adapt to changes
- Enthusiasm towards applying analytical tools (e.g. Alteryx, Power BI) in your daily work
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Suitable academic degree (Bachelors or master’s decree) in the field of Accounting, or Finance/ Economics/other relevant education
- Fluency in Finnish, both written and oral
- Relevant previous work experience from e.g. business controlling, financial management or similar transaction advisory positions
- Basic understanding of the International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS)
What we look for
On top of the technical know-how points listed above, we are looking for a person who is flexible, committed to the common goals of the team and ambitious to constantly learn new skills and develop oneself. We also expect the person to have a mindset and interest of approaching challenges head on through analytical appraisal of numbers and facts to provide unique insights to business issues.
As a Transaction Diligence professional at EY you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. We offer you:
- Meaningful work where you have the chance to see and affect the Finnish and Global business scene
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Modern facilities in the heart of Helsinki
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. We are quite flexible with the actual start date depending on your preferences.
To apply, please submit your cover letter written in English and your resume by 3.1.2021 on our career’s website.
For additional information, please contact Joonas Juvonen (+358505315482) on the 2.12.2020 between 9:00-12:00 or 14.12.2020 14:00-16:00 or Kaisa Anttila (+358405761741) on the 8.12.2020 between 15:00-17:00 or 17.12.2020 between 13:00-15:00.
For more information please visit EY Strategy and Transactions teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients drive corporate, capital, transaction and turnaround strategies through to execution, supporting fast-track value creation in all types of market environments. EY Strategy and Transactions teams help support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
EY is one of the best places to work in Finland based on the national Great Place to Work®-survey results. EY was ranked #5 in the series of large enterprises (+500 employees) in 2020.
The EY Experience – it’s yours to build!