Junior Strategy Consultant – KPMG Advisory
Do you have a passion for solving some of the toughest, real-life challenges faced by businesses and governments, for developing your problem-solving skills, industry and functional expertise, and use of data & analytics tools, and building a career in management consulting?
KPMG Advisory is looking for a Junior Strategy Consultant to join our Global Strategy Group in Helsinki. In this position, you will participate in our projects as an integral part of our expert team from day one. You will work in close collaboration with experienced colleagues and assist our clients who include large industrial corporations, private equity investors, and family offices.
To name a few key responsibilities, your daily work will consist of:
- Solving critical, yet ambiguous client problems with a structured approach.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing information from databases.
- Conducting industry, company, and competitor analysis (e.g., financial, operational, commercial).
- Storyboarding, visualizing, and drafting presentation materials.
- Preparing and presenting findings to clients.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with local and global experts on engagements. We work actively with international GSG colleagues, KPMG deal teams as well as KPMG Lighthouse, using cutting-edge data & analytics and machine learning solutions to help improve our clients’ performance. Joining our team will offer a position in an international, respected professional advisory firm, with responsibilities from day one and the opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues and hands-on client work across multiple industries. You will gain a valuable opportunity to interact with C-level clients and global experts. Besides all the above, we offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (or close to graduation) with an excellent academic record in Business, Engineering, Economics, Science, or Technology
- Analytical, quantitative, and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Structured and proactive self-starter with a drive to learn new things quickly
- Comfortable working under time pressure with a commitment to deliver high quality solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, in writing and verbally, in English and Finnish (Swedish fluency is an advantage)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment (including remotely)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, with experience from data and analytics considered as an advantage
Previous work experience in (or acquaintance with) strategy development, business performance improvement, mergers and acquisitions, management consulting or investment banking is an advantage but not required. We’re looking for someone to grow with us.
Tell us your story:
Submit your application at www.kpmg.fi/rekry by 2.5.2021 at the latest. Please include your CV, short cover letter, and transcript of records and certificates of completed academic degrees (high school diploma, Bachelor and Master’s studies).
This is a permanent full-time position based in our Helsinki office. For further questions please contact Mikko Malinen (+358504057333) on Friday 23.4. at 12-13.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
KPMG’s Global Strategy Group is a fast-growing, worldwide organization that draws together the people and skills needed to solve our clients’ most complex challenges and exceed expectations. We operate in 36 countries with more than 1,500 Practitioners. GSG employs over 20 practitioners in Finland, working closely with our Nordic and international teams. We bring solutions, insights, methods and experience to help clients craft winning strategies and long-lasting results.
At KPMG we believe sharing the same values is key in career satisfaction, growth and feeling engaged. Our organizational culture is based on our values. We act with integrity, think boldly and are driven by a passion for excellence. We respect the individual and always work together for better.
Do you feel you could flourish with us?